phpmyadmin 500 internal server error
Posted by: dargo99 (---.Red-83-61-235.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: January 07, 2013 12:04PM

I have been running Wampserver for ages without issue on Windows 7 64bit.

I haven't used it for a couple of months and today I tried to run it and it wouldn't start. I upgraded to 2.2E and it still wouldn't start. I ran through the usual fault finding suggestions and found that IIS was running. That is now disabled and everything runs fine.

When I run phpmyadmin I am getting a 500 internal server error. I can't find solutions to this error searching the forum.

Looking at my Apache log I have one error

[crit] [client 127.0.0.1] configuration error: couldn't perform authentication. AuthType not set!: /phpmyadmin/

Looking at my MySQL error log I have no errors just this line which I have always had

Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.

Anybody got any suggestions as to how I can get phpmyadmin running as have some database stuff to do ideally today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin 500 internal server error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 07, 2013 04:42PM

phpMyAdmin has a config file
c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.x.y\config.inc.php
The auth_type is set in there, along with the userid and password that phpMyAdmin uses to access mysql.

Do you have such a folder and file?
Or have you somehow got in a mess with your upgrade of wamp?

Date: January 07, 2013 05:14PM

I have checked and I have 3 versions of phpmyadmin in that folder. 3.3.9, 3.4.5 and 3.5.1 for some reason. I have checked the config file in each of them and it is identical, none of them have the password set and all of them are set as config.

Date: January 07, 2013 05:33PM

I have just taken the bull by the horns and uninstalled Wampserver. I then deleted everything left behind in the wamp folder. I have now reinstalled 2.2E and everything is working now all I need to do is to get my databases back again.

Resolved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.